It's no surprise that The Whitney has been dubbed "Detroit's Most Iconic Mansion," so it's no surprise that it's a popular venue for weddings. This beautiful restaurant is known for its one-of-a-kind setting, flawless service, and impeccable food, and it hosts events of unrivaled elegance and sophistication. Exchange your vows in the vibrant Garden, a tranquil haven complete with stone fountains, lush trees, and wrought iron fencing reminiscent of a bygone era. Perfect for outdoor weddings in the summer! The restaurant, which is housed in David Whitney Jr.'s Woodward Avenue Mansion, also has a variety of private rooms for sharing your sacred union with your nearest and dearest. Dine amidst historic opulence, from rich wood paneled walls to opulent crystal chandeliers. Enjoy a luxurious dinner prepared by the restaurant's finest team of chefs, completing a truly one-of-a-kind wedding. Look no further than The Whitney for timeless elegance and historic beauty on your wedding day!
This one-time estate of lumber baron David Whitney, where no expense was spared, transports you to the Gilded Age. With a rotunda, arches, spires, 52 rooms, and 20 fireplaces, it's a pretty cool spot for a Gatsby-style wedding.
Their ceremony locations, whether indoors or outdoors, are breathtaking. A beautiful fountain can be found in the Whitney Garden, which is overflowing with seasonal blooms. And what will top the mansion's second-story landing's rich carved woodland and 4-panel Tiffany stained-glass backdrop?
You have a plethora of luxurious spaces, posh menus, and a historic ambiance to choose from for your reception. Include a High Tea or Dessert Parlor shower, a nightcap in the Ghostbar Lounge, or live the dream and rent out the entire property for your case.
The rental fee ranges from $600 to $1,800
The rental fee varies according to:
Weekday Reserved Room
Package prices range from $79 to $149 per person, plus a 21 percent service charge or gratuity.
Historic/Landmark Building, Park/Garden
Accommodates up to 400 guests
Ceremony / Reception
Indoor / Outdoor
- Dressing room for the bride
- Dressing room for the groom
- Coat check area
- Chairs and tables are supported.
- Linens, silverware, and glassware are all given.
- Decoration for the outdoors
- Setup and cleanup of the venue
- Day-of-event planner
- Full kitchen facilities
- Paid valet or public parking
- A dance floor
- For an extra fee, a piano is available.
- The venue is in charge of all food and beverages.
- A minimum of food and beverages
- Valet or shuttle service is available.
- No rice, birdseed, confetti, or other similar products.
- The venue provides catering.
- Amplified music is permitted both indoors and outdoors.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- The venue must have alcohol.
- Music must be turned off by midnight.
4421 Woodward Avenue Detroit, 48201
Let's face it - finding the perfect wedding venue comes down to several important factors: aesthetics, amenities, and value.
Once you pick out the perfect venue, you'll need entertainment for the big day!
DJ Chris London is an experienced wedding DJ, who has the experience and know-how when it comes to local venues in Detroit.